Saturday, May 8, 2010

May 7 was a historic day

Today started uneventful enough, calling leads. Then I recieved my
paycheck. And for the first time ever, I didn't want to gorge myself
on buffets. You see, since I've lived on my own, roughly 8 years I've
always loved to enjoy good quality food. In fact a few years ago, I
looked at my financial situation and in 2008 I spent the better part
of $10,000 on food. Think about that figure. My mom raised 3 boys on
less. And that includes rent, phone, cable, utilities, everything. And
until recently, I've always been able to justify it "Well, I had a
good/bad week at work so I 'deserve' a decent meal." The problem is
that food is a unique part of the human condition. Once your full,
it's only a matter of time until you become hungry again. And once
you're done with food, McDonalds or fine cuisine it all ends up the
same. So I turned $10,000 into crap. That's a truly sickening thought.
What could you do with an extra $10,000? I would be running my
website, and/or building apps. And I wouldn't have shot my credit
score. In the last three weeks or so, I've been forced to adjust my
eating habits quite drastically. Now I'm on a basic diet of
carbohydrates, in the form of ramen soup and protien in the form of
turkey hotdogs. I'm consuming MUCH more salt than I should and as a
result, I've switched from ramen to plain rice recently. But this diet
provides me all of the nutrition I need for the day. It's not ideal
but it's cheap. I can eat for a week on less than $20. And that's key.
Now for the second part of my day. I left the office this evening with
one goal in mind. I was going to go everywhere I could to get approved
for a MacBook on credit. I went to two stores in addition to the Apple
store I'd already been to, and applied for credit. One told me they'd
need more time to review the application, which innthe credit markets
we find today means no. The other flat out rejected me. So Capitol 1's
greed has foiled my plans yet again. As an aside, FUCK YOU CAPITAL 1!
I HOPE EVERYONE AT YOUR COMPANY GETS BRAIN CANCER!!! So back to what
happened, I've now been rejected for credit to purchase what my
business needs on three seperate occasions. Normally I'd be on my way
to the liquor store to deaden my rejection (and full disclosure I did
get a 12 pack but oh well) after a major trip to a local restaurant.
Instead I went to the closest Wal-Mart and I picked up enough
groceries to last me two weeks. And beer. For the first time since
early '06 I have no desire to go to restaurants. I want to start a
business. And my personal comfort is the first thing I will sacrifice
to achieve that goal. Also, I've been putting it off for several weeks
but it's time to cut all the unnecessary crap from my life. Profit
isn't a major concern in this. I am liquidating everything I don't
need. I need the cash, and I need the feedback. So look out. There
might be a few deals on eBay soon. I've been stalling because this the
the omega plan. The one I'd execute when all other plans had fallen
short. I've tried everything I can think of and this is the last, best
option I have to launch my business. Finally, tempered by chronic
rejection I am ready to begin. I have nothing to lose. I have no fear
anymore. I know excatly what I have to do. And I'm ready for war. One
way or the other, I'm goin' up! :) $$ G'nite.

No comments:

Post a Comment