Monday, April 12, 2010

I want an iPad. Here's why

I want an iPad. I have ever since I saw it introduced in January. I
consider myself a rational person so why on earth would I want a first
generation, overpriced computer I can't use at home and won't be able
to sell? To understand let's go back to last year. I became fed up
with my cell phone. It had low quality audio, callers couldn't hear
me, and it never seemed to send text messages. I chose AT&T because
I'd read that they were investing heavily into thier network and
hiring a lot of people. And once I'd decided to use AT&T my phone of
choice was obvious. I wanted an iPhone. Now, I'd seen ads for them for
over a year and was quite impressed when I played with them in stores
but until now, I'd never actually wanted one. I go to an AT&T store
and I get my iPhone 3G. And it's great. I love the UI, the ease of
use, all the apps and the overall quality of the phone. Are there
things I don't like? Sure but on balance the benifits far outweigh any
downside. It's also important to understand that this was the first
Apple product I'd ever bought. I'd used Macs since jr high school but
I'd never owned one. So my first exposure to Apple technology was a
very positive one. Also, as long as I can remember, I've always wanted
to have the latest and greatest technology. From the Super Nintendo,
to the PlayStation 3 I've always wanted what's new. The iPad is a bit
different. Until now, I couldn't hope to use technology to generate an
income. Now I can. The fantastic user experience aside, the iPad has
unique productivity apps that make it possible to generate income. The
potential of iPad aside, how do I afford one? Apple offers a unique
program whereby if the balance is paid off I can have interest
deferred financing. The amount of time varies according to the total
financed and everything I need for my iPad comes to just shy of
$1,000. That would buy me a year to repay without interest. This is my
first true test. I probably can't cover my rent from my online
business. I can't use the Internet to buy a new car for a while. But I
truly believe that I can use the Internet to buy my iPad. So this will
be a key proof of concept. I want an iPad. But more importantly I want
to buy my iPad using income from my online business. So it was
written. So it shall be done. Because I'm goin' up! :) $$

No comments:

Post a Comment