Sunday, April 18, 2010

What's next?

For the last 6 months I've been planning how to launch my business. In
short it went "Get back on feet financially; get own apartment; pay
down credit cards and improve credit, get business set up; enjoy
life." That changed on Thursday. I had a card declined for purchase
for the first time ever. I have been charged a late fee despite paying
the payment on the day it was due. And because of the policies at
Capital One, I can't afford to pay the minimum payment anymore.
Because of this my credit probably won't be good for some time. As
such, I have to redefine my business plan. Odds are I won't qualify
for a Merchant Account for a while so my won't be accepting customers.
When I realized this I wasn't happy to say the least. Then I played
around with an iPad at a Apple Store and I realized that there are two
ways I can react to this turn of events: I could let it break my
spirit, or I could use it as motivation. But what is that path now? I
have had a site for the last year planning to launch an e-commerce
business. And I still plan to. But the situation requires me to triage
my plans for now. I have to make money online without a Merchant
Account. Luckily there's a way. It's not quite as attractive as
running my own site but it's a proven system, and lots of people have
used it to make a great income. It's even traded on the NASDAQ. It's
eBay. I've been planning on using eBay for a long while but until now
it's been an afterthought. A hobby. Now I'm going to take it
seriously. I fully believe that I can use eBay to make enough to cover
my expenses. But obviously I have no desire to simply cover my bills
each month. I want real success. But how? I need a product I can sell
that's not tied to my credit. And I really believe I've found it. I'm
not the first to this market either. But I will be the best. That
market is the Apple App Store. I will become an app developer. I have
lots of apps in the works already and as soon as I can I'm getting
started. For now I will be finding a way to buy what I'll need. At the
minimum I'll need a new Mac, the iPhone SDK, and an iPad. I'll need
one to test my new app. Another thing I want to do is finance my
investment. Why? After next month, more likely than not I won't get
any credit for a long while. And I want to get this going as soon as
possible. If I save up the money, I'll be at least a year until I can
get going. Also Apple offers interest deferred financing if your
purchase is over a certain amount. I'm really excited. There are
nearly 100,000,000 devices that use iPhone OS. That's a massive
market. It's time. I'm excited. I'm goin' up! :) $$

No comments:

Post a Comment